Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Choco-banana protein shake

The most frequently used gadget in my kitchen after the stove and microwave is my Breville Boss professional blender! I swear by it ever since I have owned it in the last 4-5 months and seem to use it almost every day! Well, sometimes even twice a day or more! It has helped me fix healthy fruits and vegetable smoothies for my family, incorporate nutritious ingredients like flaxseeds and sunflower seeds, almond milk and coconut water and veggies like kale and celery to name a few! 
The inspiration behind this recipe is the spinach banana milk shake from "Deliciously Ella", a blog/website that I have been hooked on to lately! Well, I didn't have fresh spinach in my kitchen today and was too lazy to fix a lunch for myself on my day off after a hard core "muscle pump" workout and running errands. So I decided to "drink my lunch" ! The only prep that I had done per Ella's suggestion was to peel and slice my bananas and freeze them a couple of hours ahead of time. And a new habit has been formed! Frozen bananas will be my new "go-to" ingredient for smoothies and shakes from here on!
Ingredients
1 frozen sliced banana
1 tbspoon peanut butter
1 tbsp flaxseeds
2 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
3 cubes of ice 
Serves 1 tall glass
Add all the above ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth and well mixed. Pour and enjoy the creamy, chocolaty, protein packed, very filling shake! And guess what- it's totally dairy free! I was too excited to remember clicking a picture! But the next time I make this yummy goodness for Hubble, I will do so and update!!

No comments:

Post a Comment