A trip to the Middle Eastern grocery store tempts me into stocking up on some lesser-used ingredients. Labne (a thick creamy yogurt similar to Greek yogurt) is one of them, I love to make my Easy Peasy Spinach Artichoke dip using it. With a lone jar of labne and the smell of fresh herbs every time I opened the fridge, combined with the pictorial memory of the "Crostini Dip" on IG (@thechutneylife), this dip was waiting to be created. And, the ease of it is so convenient that the family got to enjoy it for a workday lunch when I managed to fix it between patients!
The versatility of this comes in handy too, leftovers will make a great spread for your breakfast bagel, or toss it with some freshly boiled pasta for a nice flavorful pasta dinner.
- Labne (Or plain Greek yogurt)- 1 cup
- Cream cheese- 1/2 packet
- Serrano chillies- 2
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- 1 tbsp
- Cherry tomatoes- 2 cups
- Fresh basil- 10-12 leaves chopped
- Fresh parsley- 3-4 tbsp
- Fresh garlic- 7-8 cloves finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rye or any other small bread toasted for dipping